Hot Hot Hot Weekending

I'm still keeping with this whole posting about my weekend on Tuesdays because I can't get it together on Sunday nights....

this one was really nice despite the insane heat and humidity we're getting in VA!

The highlights included:

~a stop in by my SIL, oldest niece and my BIL's sister and oldest daughter on Thursday afternoon on their way to a lacrosse tournament in Richmond. Everyone enjoyed getting in some baby Ella time
~MG was off on Thursday to watch Ella while I did my diabetes test (still waiting on results), and I went to work to say hi and pack up some of my things before my office gets moved over the summer.
I saw one of my Assistant Principals who barely even acknowledged me. Considering I haven't heard ANYTHING from my principal or two AP's since I had Ella, I'm a little disheartened about going back to work. I realize just how little they actually care about staff outside of work. Not looking forward to going back in the Fall.

~Friday was a pretty good day at home with Ella--who started off the morning napping super cute in her boppy--
 and when MG got home, we went out to dinner at Chuy's (perfect place for a baby because it's LOUD and they sleep through it...and if they don't, it's LOUD and no one cares about a crying baby haha)

~Met up with our neighbors for a going away get together for two of our neighbors who were moving. I love that we have so many sweet families in our neighborhood, but was sad to be losing two of them.

~Saturday we ran to Costco to pick up prints of Ella's newborn photos and then stopped in to the mall to return things to Loft. Getting out more and more with baby girl is getting easier.

~In the afternoon, my friend Kelly came by with her husband to meet Ella, and brought her the cutest summer clothes ever. I immediately washed them and put them on her the next day. It's sad that Ella's summer wardrobe is way cuter than mine haha
~Sunday morning we ran our normal weekly errands and then watched a bunch of Friday Night Lights because it was too hot outside to do anything.
~Later in the afternoon our friends Bill and Jackie stopped by to meet Ella, and Im pretty sure they were totally in love with her
~We had a low key Father's Day at home--MG has a massage to look forward to in the next week. 
 ~Had several moments throughout the day where I was thinking about and missing my dad. I know he's around, watching over us, and smiling. Just wish Ella could have gotten the chance to meet him here.
The biggest highlight after Father's Day was that miss Ella slept 6.5 hours Friday and Saturday night and then Sunday night she slept 7 hours! I love our good little sleeper!
For any new moms and moms-to-be, I HIGHLY recommend the TakingCaraBabies online class for sleep--it has been awesome for us!

Hoping your weekend, and start to the week, have been great!

10 comments:

  1. I can't believe your administration is like that! That would make going back to work harder than it's already going to be. Sounds like you had a great weekend though!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of Ella in the boppy is SOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those clothes and baby ella - so so cute. i'm so annoyed at your VP/AVPs - i don't blame you for being upset to go back to that. chuy's and neighbor time is always a good time if you ask me. :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it's easier to be out and about with Ella!

    If I wasn't friends with the VPs I wouldn't really mind that. Friends should reach out, otherwise, business as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh just look at all of those tiny little clothes! Oh, girl, I miss having a tiny baby like that so much. Just eat her up because she'll be running around and sassing you before you know it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh sorry about the frosty reception back at school, so rude! She is jsut too cute, I love the comment about her wardrobe being better than yours. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the cuteness!!! Baby girl clothes are so precious :) So sorry that this time of year is happy but also sad for you. That is a sweet picture of you with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable!! And yay for sleep and Friday Nights! That show is one of our favorites! Have a good rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ella is growing like a weed! What a cutie!! I'm so sorry you haven't heard anything from your principle or AP's since having Ella, how sucky is that?! Ughh! Just keep thinking about your new kiddos you'll be teaching and then how you get to come home to your own little cutie!! When do you go back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh that is so awful about your principal and assistant principals, hope things get better in the Fall...luckily that seems to be so far away! Omg can I have Ella's wardrobe, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!