{WHW}: Currently in April

Can you believe it's the last Wednesday in April? I feel like it's still January (in part because it was the month that wouldn't end, and in part because the weather is still not sure about it being Spring).
Checking in on what's been happening currently....

Reading:
I finally finished Truth or Beard this past weekend after getting stuck about 3/4 of the way through. It was a cute read and passed the time just fine (as Stephanie would say). I just got a little annoyed of the constant "I love him/her, but we can't be together" back and forth between the two main characters. 
I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads because it was cute and I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite.

I started On The Jellicoe Road which I'm super excited about, because it has awesome reviews and I'm hoping to dive into this one and rip through it a lot faster than the last read.
{via}
Baby:
She's going to be one on Monday. ONE! A year ago I gave birth to this gorgeous little girl, who made me a mommy and forever changed me. 
We have her birthday party this weekend at my sister-in-laws and I'm looking forward to celebrating our little love with all of our family. Hopefully the weather cooperates! In the meantime, I'll just be over here looking through newborn photos of my baby and sitting in awe at how quickly a year went by!

Buying: 
Also on the baby front (and much less emotional), I was finally able to find shoes for Ella that fit her teeny tiny feet. She's still about 3-6 months in size, and most 3-6 month olds aren't walking so it's been hard to find anything that isn't a crib shoe. Walmart to the rescue with some great options that are cute, and super affordable ($5-10)!
These bow sneakers are my favorites and I wish they came in my size. Not only are they adorable, but they sparkle different colors when the sun hits them. Love!
She also got a cute pair of jelly sandals--anyone remember those from growing up? They're adorable and they smell just like I remember them--plastic-y haha
If your baby has tiny feet like mine, definitely look at Walmart for some good options! Garanimals has a ton!

We also got Ella a swimsuit from Old Navy on the cheap (I think it was $6) for her swim lessons coming up in a week and I took the opportunity to try it on her this weekend, over her clothes (because I wasn't wrangling her in and out of outfits 3 times for no good reason). Shes' basically a super model and a trend-setter:
Watching:
Alllllllll the Bravo--Vanderpump, RHOBH, RHONY--like usual. We finished Poldark which was amazing (I still miss the characters now that we aren't binge-watching every night), and we're maybe going to re-try Outlander.
We watched the first episode of the 2nd season of West World this week and I'm feeling meh about it. I just can't stomach all of the violence, and the plot line is really hard to follow. Not sure I'll continue...

Friends:
We had our friends MK, her husband and baby over this weekend (instead of a winery) and we grilled at our house, the girls got to play together, and it was SO funny to watch them together. We reveled at how much they've changed, and how thankful we've been to have one another to go through pregnancy and this first year of baby's life together. We both agreed we need to do #2 together as well :)
Friday night was girls' night to celebrate my friend Kelly and it was a lot of fun. Drinks with a view of the Potomac while the sun set was perfection!
Inspiration:
After all of your awesome comments on my inspiration post last week, I thought I'd share other gems I've come across when I get the chance.
If you didn't see it on Stephanie's blog last week:
{via}
{via}
What's hap-"pinning" with you lately? Link up with Jessi and I and share!


21 comments:

  1. Happy almost birthday to Ella!! Can't believe it's been a year and can't wait to see what you have planned for her party! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella..one on Monday, what a precious year for sure mama!!! LOVE your quotes my friend, LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Ella is going to be one! Where did the time go?! Also, I'm SO glad you got those jelly sandals from Walmart! I'm telling you, I was "oooh"-ing and "ahh"-ing over all the cute little girl options they had there! Walmart is killing it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, 2 babies in a baby swing!! Insert all the heart eyes!! That's soooo awesome you have a friend to do baby life with. I can't believe Ella will be 1 on Monday!! I can't wait to hear about the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't love that pic of Ella and her little friend in the swing together any more! So precious! Glad you enjoyed such a beautiful day with friends! Happy {almost} 1st birthday to your sweet girl! Enjoy celebrating her!! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg those two babies together - how adorable! and i cant believe she's almost 1. howwwww. ha. she def has more style than me thats for sure! also all the bravo girl. i havent watched the eps from this week bc i've been slammed busy but i love it all! minus RHOBH bc well, snooze. NY on the other hand - fav!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a good weekend! And have you looked at pedipeds, see kai run or robeez? All good for littles with small feet. pedipeds run big so size down. E has very small feet still in a 7/8 at age 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poldark? I don't know that one! I seriously cannot believe she's about to one! That swing best is the cutest! (yearbook photo? haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe your sweet girl is going to be one already! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those little girls, too cute on the swing. I can't believe she is gonna be one. How exciting. Those little shoes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to check wal-mart out- I love the bow shoes and the twins have tiny feet too!! And I bought Shelby a pair of jellys at old navy (and then returned them b/c... tiny feet!). XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow one already? The time flies! She is so precious. Ah jellies, what a memory! I love both of those quotes, especially the first, it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post pregnancy pic is so lovely - you look so great! Lovely too that you got to experience bringing up baby with your friend, and cool that you are going to try and sync the next one! :) Glad you loved Poldark because I LOVE it. Apparently season 4 is 'late spring'. I loved s.1 outlander but couldn't get into the second - think I might 'give it another go' too though, a bit stuck for a series other than RDale at the moment. Shame you missed your winery but sounds like you still had a great time! Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe your sweet Ella girl is going to be one already. That FLEW by and I'm not even her momma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can believe what you want but it doesn't make it the truth - love that.

    Ella's super freaking cute bow sneakers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grilling and playing with friends sounds like the best weekend! I can't believe her birthday is already here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doesn't it go fast?!?! Our baby will be one in June and I still can't get over that. You sweet girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, how is she going to be 1 already?! Yay for finding shoes for her, I have the same struggles as Serena's footsies are small for an 18 month old apparently :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot believe that she is going to be 1!!!! Time has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute bathing suit for $6. Total score. I can't believe she will be 1 on Monday. She has grown so much and is the cutest little girl...no longer baby!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ella is so sweet. It's probably so nice to have friends with kids around the same age. Can't wait to see pics from her first birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!